I am so grateful to our Lord for the provision of eternal life. Every day brings each of us one day closer to that final day. And man knows not his hour. But if Jesus is your Lord, you can know beyond any shadow of a doubt that you have eternal life. Therefore, you don’t need to fear death. The New Living Translation puts it this way in Hebrews 2:14-15: “Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.” Hallelujah!
Our Community Carnival is THIS SATURDAY! It’s at 4th & Delaware from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. We are giving away about 250 backpacks with some school supplies inside. We are also giving away six $50 gift cards to Brothers Market. There are 18-19 kids’ games, free goody bags, face painting, inflatables, etc. We’ll have a section for people who want prayer. We’ll also give away some Bibles and invitations to church.
WE NEED YOU! In what ways?
- Sign up in the foyer this morning to staff a game. Some have said they will fill in where needed but there will be too much activity to determine where you are most needed. So it would be super helpful if you would sign up today.
- Be there all day, as much as possible. There will be plenty to do.
- One of the most important things is simply to mingle with people. Introduce yourself and bless people.
- BE SURE TO WEAR YOUR GREEN WEST HAVEN SHIRT. If you didn’t get one, talk to Pastor Nathan. We have some extras.
- If you would be willing to be part of a group whose primary job would be setting up canopies and taking them down, please see Terri Brest. We have about 20 canopies.
- We’ll need help beforehand in setting up.
- We will definitely need help in tearing down. That’s often where we need the most help.
If you have questions about how you can serve, contact Gordon Brest. You can also talk to me or Nathan. And we’ll probably direct you to Gordon. 😊
I’m glad God opened this door. And I am praying that this will open the door to other opportunities. I am very grateful for the amazing leadership group heading all of this up. I trust this will be a blessed and fruitful day for the glory of God. Thank you!