Had a tough week? Remember that you are not saved by your performance. God gives a greater grace to His people. Believers are loved and accepted by the risen Lord Jesus. His mercy is great. This is a great place to be today.
This morning we continue in James 4 in what is a very rich passage. Verses 7-10 ultimately describe how to have a closer walk with God. I have been turning these over in my mind and applying them to my life. If there is anything I want, it’s a closer walk with God.
It’s amazing how much can change in a week. I wrote in this space I would be gone on Aug. 12. The church where I was going to preach changed the date to Nov. 14 so I’ll be here.
I want to catch you up on the following items:
- We have the opportunity to provide supplies for a group trying to keep children from entering the foster care system. Details are elsewhere in the bulletin.
- We are assembling “Welcome Back” gift bags for all Tonganoxie Elementary School employees. Please contact Jenny Slusser at 913 449 8063 if you would like to help or donate.
- We are preparing for our Community Carnival on Sept. 18. More details on that soon.
- Our cameras have arrived. It will take quite a bit of time to get them installed, train operators, etc. I am looking forward to that improvement in our outreach and ministry.
- We are assembling a social media team. If you think you would be a good fit for that, contact Pastor Nathan.
- We are increasing security for our children by expanding check-in procedures soon. Details are elsewhere in the bulletin.
- We are preparing for the resumption of Wednesday night ministries. Details are elsewhere in the bulletin.
- We are still working on meals for Wednesday nights. More details will come soon.
Be sure and sign up in the foyer if you intend to attend my Wednesday night Bible study. We need to have an approximate number to find a suitable place in the building for the study. God bless you!