We are glad you are here on this Sunday before Easter. We are in the middle of a series entitled “From The Cross to the Crown,” looking at Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection. Today Pastor Nathan will be preaching on the crucifixion. Thank God for His indescribable grace.
We will have a “Darkening Service” on Good Friday at 6:30. Our Easter service is at 10. Chris Cakes will be here to serve breakfast at 8:30. We hope you will be here for both! We encourage you to bring someone with you on Easter morning. There is an announcement in this bulletin with some tips on inviting someone to church this Easter!
At the start of the year, we listed four goals for the year. The goals were:
- A 10% increase in church attendance
- A 10% increase in Sunday School attendance.
- One baptism a month (i.e., at least 12 for the year)
- One new adult Sunday School class
Here’s where we are after the first quarter:
1. Attendance: Goal 10% increase. First quarter 2023: 14% increase
2. Sunday School/Adult Bible Fellowship attendance. Goal 10% increase.
a. Adult Bible Fellowship – 14% increase.
b. Children’s Sunday School. 37.5% increase
3. One baptism a month. We have had no baptisms until today. No increase
4. Sean Hannah is going to start a class the week after Easter. Goal met
So far, we are doing well on those goals. Praise God! While numbers never tell the whole story, we do want to keep measurable outcomes before you. Numbers are important because numbers represent people. I am very happy with these increases. I thank God that you are making a difference for His kingdom. We will continue to update these goals on a quarterly basis.
Please take note of several items in your bulletin including an eyeglass clinic on May 7. (This is not through Vision 3:16 but rather Steve Smith and Focus on Missions.) Let’s spread the word far and wide on this one. It will bless many people!